- 2 cups sliced onions (I used 1/2 cup.)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons salt (I used 1.)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine onions, ketchup, water, salt, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Split ribs down the center between the bones.
- Heat a large lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Add ribs and sear until browned. This may have to be done in several batches.
- Place ribs in a single layer in two foil-lined baking pans or casserole dishes.
- Pour half of the sauce over the ribs, reserve remainder.
- Bake ribs in preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Turn and baste meat every twenty minutes with remaining sauce, using all sauce by two hours.
- Continue turning and basting ribs using sauce in the pan during the last hour of baking.