- 5 potatoes
- 3 eggs ( I use 2.)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (I use scallions, if on hand.)
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish (I chop up dill pickles and use.)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp celery salt (I use dill weed.)
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard (yellow mustard)
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use at least 3/4 cup to moisten the salad.)
- I add 2 Tbsp of bacon bits, if available, as well.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Cool. Peel. Chop. (I peel and cube potatoes ahead of boiling to reduce time needed to boil.)
- Boil, cool and peel eggs. When cool, chop finely.
- In large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, relish, garlic salt, mustard, pepper and mayonnaise (and bacon bits).
- Mix together well and refrigerate until chilled.
- I find this tastes best after being refrigerated for 24 hours.