3 cups crushed Corn Flakes cereal
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 (1.75 quart) container Vanilla ice cream
1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping like Cool Whip
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let sit about 30 minutes at room temperature to soften.
- Melt butter in medium skillet, over medium heat. Add the crushed Corn Flakes and sugar. Stir to combine. Fry mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until cereal is golden-brown. Be careful not to burn. It may take less than 5 minutes.
- Take a 9×13 baking dish and spread 1/3 of the Corn Flakes mixture into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened ice cream and whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Using a spatula, stir and mix well to combine. Spread ice cream mixture over the top of the Corn Flakes in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the remaining Corn Flakes mixture evenly over the ice cream. Drizzle the honey over the top. Cover pan, and place in freezer. Freeze overnight, or at least 5 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve with drizzles of chocolate syrup and caramel sauce. Enjoy!
©Copyright. August 2016. Linda Leier Thomason
All Rights Reserved.