- 4 each boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 3 1/2 oz. basil pesto
- 4 each Roma tomatoes, sliced [I often use ones grown in our garden, including heirloom tomatoes.]
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced [I use shredded.]
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- dash parmesan cheese, shredded [I omit.]
- dash Italian seasoning [I omit.]
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken breasts in dish.
- Spoon pesto on top of each breast. Spread to coat entire breast.
- Place tomato slices on top & sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place mozzarella on top of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes.
Serve with warm bread and a side salad.