- 6 – stalks of celery chopped finely
- 1 – onion chopped finely
- 2 – soup cubes (I used 3.)
- 2 tbsp – oil
- 2 tbsp – butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp – ground pepper
- 2 tsp – chopped mint. (I use cilantro.)
- I added 1 potato to thicken the broth.
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute the onions and celery for about 3 or 4 mins.
- (Peel potato and slice thinly and narrowly. Add 2 cups of water to bowl. Add potatoes to bowl and microwave 3 minutes.)
- Meanwhile dissolve the soup cubes in a 3 cups of water and add to the pan along with a little salt.
- (Add potatoes to broth. These thicken the broth.)
- Bring to boil stirring continually.
- Simmer for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Add the butter and sprinkle ground pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves (or cilantro). Serve hot.
Source: Anglo-Indian Recipes https://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/celery-soup-oezqDfcbhgddi.html