2 Cups shredded Monterey Jack cheddar cheese
8 flour tortillas (soft shells)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sour cream
4 ounce can diced green chiles
2 cups shredded chicken (fresh or canned)
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups of chicken broth
Salt and pepper
Directions to prepare and bake the enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 425º degrees.
- Cook/shred chicken breast and mix it with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Lay 8 tortillas out and fill each one with the chicken mixture, make sure they are each even. Roll them tightly and place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Melt the butter and add 3 tablespoons flour in saucepan. Mix about 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, whisking until it’s a smooth consistency. Whisk over medium heat until it’s thick and creamy (usually about 5-8 minutes).
- Add the sour cream, salt/pepper, and the can of chiles to the pan.
- Evenly pour the creamy sauce over the rolled up tortillas.
- Spread 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Add salsa and/or cilantro and serve the enchiladas with chips and tossed green leafy salad.
©Copyright. August 2016. Linda Leier Thomason