- One 20 ounce can light red kidney beans
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (3/4 cup raw)
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of dried basil (Fresh can be substituted at 2 bunches)
- 3 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice or juice of two lemons
Mix together the kidney beans, quinoa, onion and basil. Whisk together the lemon juice and 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for several hours.
Serves 4. [We always double and enjoy for multiple meals.]
Copyright. September 2015. Linda Leier Thomason