- 1 cup cracked freekeh
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 plum/roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-15 ounce can, no salt added, cannellini beans, (drained) and rinsed
- 3 cups finely chopped curly kale
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (I omit.)
- Cook freekeh according to package directions. Spread in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Whisk lemon juice, oil and salt in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, beans, kale, parsley and the cooled freekeh; stir to combine.
Photography by Linda Leier Thomason.