- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on chicken thighs. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a medium sized skillet on medium to high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add chicken thighs, skin side down. Cook until skin is browned, about three minutes. Flip each chicken and cook other side for about three minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, sauté garlic, salt and pepper in the remaining olive oil in either a large skillet or a medium saucepan. Add chicken stock and cream and bring to a boil.
- In a smaller skillet, melt butter and add flour. Whisk them together until thick. Once the sauce has come to a boil, add the flour and butter mixture (which will thicken the sauce).
- After you’ve achieved your desired consistency, remove the sauce from the heat and add the chopped spinach. Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs or serve in a separate dish.
Source: Seasonlycreations.com Baked Chicken Thighs with Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce – Seasonly Creations
- Author: Nicole Cline
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 chicken thighs