- Dried Parsley, Garlic Salt and Pepper
- Oil for pan
- Sun dried tomato paste
- Tortilla shells
- Fresh chopped mushrooms
- Feta cheese
- Fried bacon pieces
- Finely chopped mini sweet peppers
- NOTE: Add whatever you’d like to your eggs. I use what I have available and have also used ham, black olives, canned mushrooms and cilantro.
- NOTE: Don’t overload the egg or it will be difficult to keep all the ingredients in the roll
- NOTE: The more eggs you use per roll, the larger the tortilla shell needs to be. I use two eggs with a small flour tortilla.
- NOTE: I put sun-ripened dried tomatoes (in oil) in a food processor to make the paste since I usually keep this in my pantry or refrigerator. You can also buy sun dried tomato paste and use this.
- Beat eggs. Add dried parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
- Spread paste on tortilla shells and set aside. Make sure to spread to the edges.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Put eggs in pan, moving them around into a circular shape near equal to the size of the tortilla you’re using
- Add your chopped ingredients on top of the eggs (mushroom, cheese, bacon peppers). Do not overload these ingredients.
- Place the tortilla shell with paste on top of the eggs. Use your hand to slightly press into onto the eggs so it affixes or sticks to the eggs.
- When eggs likely done (30 seconds to a minute), turn over with eggs on top and tortilla shell on bottom.
- Cook until shell slightly browned.
- Cool slightly on plate.
- Start the next roll by repeating this process.
- Roll the slightly cooled eggs into a tortilla.
- Make multiple rolls.
- Great for snacks or lunch the next day.
Source (original and greatly modified): Nadiya’s Time to Eat Netflix Season 1: Episode 1.
Photography: Linda Leier Thomason