Courtney’s Aronia Berry Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if butter is salted)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 handful of Aronia berries
- 2-3 tsp granulated sugar for sprinkling on top of the muffins
Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl, place flour and baking powder.
- Mix together and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla.
- With a spoon, stir in half of the flour, then half of the milk.
- Repeat, stirring with each addition until just bended. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the Aronia berries
- Using a cookie scoop, place 2 scoops of batter into each muffin liner and sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Check for doneness, using a toothpick.
- Store in an air tight container or wrap in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer.
Courtney and her husband, Chase, grow Aronia Berries on their North Dakota farm. Click here to learn more.
©Copyright. October 2018. Linda Leier Thomason
All Rights Reserved. This means seek permission prior to using any images on this site. All are copyright protected and available for sale.
Linda Leier Thomason is a former CEO who writes freelance business and travel stories, along with feature articles. Her work experiences include a Fortune 500 corporation, federal government, entrepreneurship and small business.
She specializes in undercover studies of communities wishing to attract visitors for economic impact. Would you like to sponsor Linda’s visit to your community?
Contact her by completing this form.