- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, or less, depending on taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers, or mini sweet peppers; can substitute mushrooms, or use a combination
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, can omit if meat salted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; can also add chives or parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or use combination, including Feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage; cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes; drain. If using bacon, follow package directions.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in sausage and Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Excellent for brunch. Serve with fresh fruit cup, breakfast pastry, brewed coffee and tea.
Can be refrigerated and heated as left-overs.