- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon red onion (diced)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 8 ounces canned, low sodium white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for salad greens. Allow to marinate for at least 10 to 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Combine with salad greens.
- Enjoy! (Added 1/2 sliced avocado)
Source: NebraskaMed.com/Heart Visit NebraskaMed.com/Heart-recipes for more heart healthy recipes.