- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons white cooking wine
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high; stir the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and wine into the butter mixture. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 more minutes.
Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice. Serve hot.
I add diced red onions and nearly double the cooking wine and mushrooms for more flavor. Kalamata olives are a nice addition. Great topped with Feta cheese. Often, I brown the chicken in a separate pan and then add to the liquid. Serve over rice, orzo or angel hair pasta.