- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/3 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp each minced parsley and tarragon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp each flour and butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Instructions for Meatballs
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat until translucent; set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except oil.
- Add onion-garlic; mix together.
- Form into 32 small meatballs.
- Cook in remaining oil until brown (internal temperature 160 F).
- Set aside and keep warm.
Instructions for Sauce
- Cook shallot in butter over medium heat until translucent.
- Whisk in flour.
- Slowly whisk in broth until thickened.
- Add remaining ingredients, exept sour cream.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream.
Combine meatballs and sauce. Makes 32 small meatballs.
Source: Linda Carey, culinary specialist Kirkland Signature
Costco Connection magazine December 2019