Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes Servings: 8 Calories: 642 kcal Author: Kellie
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
For the Meatloaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb bacon
For the Meatloaf Glaze
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
For the Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until softened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, mustard, worcestershire sauce and tomato paste to combine.
- Add the meat, bread crumbs and onions to the egg mixture and combine using a fork or clean hands. Blend the mixture together lightly being careful not to overwork the meat. (It will become tough if you work the mixture too much.)
- Turn the meat mixture out onto a baking sheet or shallow baking disk coated with cooking spray and form into a loaf approximately 9 inches by 5 inches.
- Brush the entire surface of the meatloaf with the glaze to coat.
- Arrange the bacon slices, crosswise, over the meatloaf overlapping slightly and tucking under the meatloaf to prevent curling and shrinking.
- Bake the meatloaf at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes. Slice and serve.
If you would like to bake your meatloaf on a rack, coat the rack with cooking spray before placing the meatloaf on it. Glaze and cover with bacon, then bake. This will help keep your meatloaf out of the drippings…..I skip this step.
Source + Credit: www.yummly.com https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Bacon-Wrapped-Meatloaf-9066324#directions